Before updating your local version of Gekko it's good to keep a few things in mind:
- If you have configured a UIconfig (to run Gekko on a server for example) make a copy of the UIconfig file (stored in
gekko/web/vue/dist/) first and call it something else (such as
my-UIconfig.js). After that revert the file to it's original state (which can be found in
gekko/web/baseUIconfig.js/) prior to updating (or git will complain).
- Check the changelog (found in the releases page) for breaking changes) regarding:
- (in case you changed the UIconfig) for changes in the UIconfig.
- (in case you were using non standard strategies) strategy API, to make sure your strategies will run in the new version.
- any other breaking changes specified inside the release log (such as required node and or browser versions).
Run the following commands inside the Gekko directory:
git checkout stable # alternatively you can also run the latest development # build, like so: # git checkout develop git pull npm install --only=production cd exchange npm install --only=production cd ..