Use Gekko at your own risk.
Gekko is a tool that makes it very easy to automate your own trading stragies.
You can either create your own trading strategy or start with the built-in example strategies. Once you have a strategy you can use Gekko to automatically run it in a few different ways:
- Backtest: You can start a simulation of the strategy over a historical data period and Gekko will tell you what would have happened (which trades would have been performed as well as overall performance and risk metrics).
- Paper trader: You can run the strategy in realtime simulate trading (trade with fake money) to see in realtime how profitable your strategy would have been.
- Tradebot: You can run the strategy in realtime and automatically execute orders based on the signals.
All the above modes can be run from the user interface, this interface will show charts and performance/risk statistics.
Gekko can watch the realtime markets, automatically excecuting and evaluating your strategies in the process. Whilst doing this Gekko will store all market data it sees, this makes it possible to later simulate trading strategies against historical data to see whether they would have been profitable (backtesting).
Gekko is not built for HFT or anything related to being the fastest (like arbitrage) as well as some other things. Please see the scope page to read more about what you can and cannot do with Gekko.
Read more in the architecture documentation.
- The title is inspired by Bateman.
- This project is inspired by the GoxTradingBot Chrome plugin (which in turn is inspired by Goomboo's journal).
If Gekko helped you in any way, you can always leave me a tip at (BTC) 13r1jyivitShUiv9FJvjLH7Nh1ZZptumwW
Gekko (nor anyone behind this project) DOES NOT give investment advice. All advice seen within Gekko is the result of running YOUR OWN strategies against the market. On top of that there might be bugs in the code - Gekko DOES NOT come with ANY warranty.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Mike van Rossum firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.